Staff Electrical Engineer-Utility and Sustaining
Company: Parks, Experiences and Products,Disneyland Resort
Posted on: May 16, 2022
You will maintain reliable electrical service throughout the
Disneyland Resort by providing system engineering and maintenance
team support for the Resort's 12kV, 5kV, 480V, and 208V electrical
distribution systems and central plant electrical systems. You will
also support the 600VDC rectifiers and distribution system for the
Monorail. You will collaborate with WDI and Resort partners for
special events and other Resort operational activities. You will
assist with master planning the Resort's electrical distribution
system and the development of GIS applications for the electrical
systems. Work with business partners in the development of
electrical standards and processes and will be the "Owner's
Representative" for compliance to applicable codes, standards and
interface, as directed, with regulatory agencies.
You will report to the Manager of Utility & Sustaining
- Support diverse lines of business such as Operations,
Maintenance, Entertainment, Merchandise, Broadcast Services, and
others, with answers to electrical questions, code interpretation,
and engineering and/or design solutions.
- Review maintenance and testing reports and provides technical
guidance to the Utility and Support Services (FSS) and the
Attraction Engineering Services (ES) teams.
- Perform owner's reviews of projects planned for the Resort and
participating in project design reviews.
- Support the analysis and development of the Resort's
sustainability goals and programs.
- Be an Electrical Safety Subject Matter Expert and as an
Electrical Safety Champion.
- Provide direction and assistance for the restoration of
electrical service following power outages and implementation of
State of California mandated load reductions.Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum of ten years of experience in the engineering design
and repair of electrical systems.
- Proficiency in the use of email, AutoCAD, Revit, SKM Power
Tools, and MS Office.
- Knowledge of NEC, NESC, Title 24, OSHA
- Explain complex issues to non-technical peers and to
- Experience with a campus environment distribution system
including chiller plants, boiler plants, compressed air production,
pumps, power management systems, circuit breakers, transformers,
motors, meters, environmental sustainability, variable speed drive
systems, and energy efficiency programs and projects.Preferred
- Experience with environmental sustainability programs as it
related to energy efficiency and greenhouse gas reduction
- Familiarity with incorporating electrical distribution system's
configuration and data in to a Geographic Information System
(ArcGIS)Required Education :
- BS Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on power systems
design and operation
- Professional Engineering License (PE) in the State of
CaliforniaPreferred Education : Masters Electrical Engineering with
an emphasis on power systems design and operationAdditional
Information : Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package
to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings
benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only
Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at
Keywords: Parks, Experiences and Products,Disneyland Resort, Cerritos , Staff Electrical Engineer-Utility and Sustaining, Professions , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!