Company: Resource Label Group
Posted on: May 15, 2022
At Resource Label Group, we are a full service manufacturer of
custom label design and printing for a wide range of industries.
With full-scale capabilities coast-to-coast and 21 locations across
North America, we are dedicated to delivering cutting-edge label
printing with a national reach and local touch.As Resource Label
Group continues to grow, we are always looking for talented
individuals to join our team! Every person in our company
contributes to our success. We offer an employee centric,
collaborative culture that is technology driven and focused on
delivering valuable, creative solutions. Our core values embody the
way we interact with each other just as it influences the way we
interact with clients.We are currently recruiting for an
experienced Estimator to join our team! The Estimator will be
responsible for analyzing product specifications, proposals and
other documentation to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for
all printed label products.The ideal candidate will have previous
estimating experience in a printing or packaging environment,
experience with labels is a plus.Responsibilities:
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and
prepares itemized lists
- Calculates cost factors and prepares estimates used for
management purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling
work; and preparing bids.
- Reviews prior pricing model and related cost factors regarding
repeat items, adjusting to reflect changes to raw material, labor,
freight and other costs
- Determines current pricing on existing items where no product
specifications have changed.
- Coordinates efforts with Sales, Customer Service, Manufacturing
and others to gather data to determine costs associated with art
changes, plate charges, pre-press time requirements, finishing time
requirements and other related costs associated with complex
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to
actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating
procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction
and process improvement efforts.
- Other duties may be assigned.Ideal Candidates Will:
- Synthesize complex or diverse information; Collect and research
data and use intuition and experience to complement data.
- Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition to align work
with strategic goals.
- Always work within approved budget while making a conscious
effort to contribute to profit and revenue of company, while
conserving organizational resources. Qualifications:
- BA preferred however, an Associate's degree (A. A.) or
equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and two to
four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Relevant experience working in a printing or packaging
environment is strongly preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or
- Show clear skills in effectively presenting information and
responding to questions from managers, sales representatives and
- Strong working knowledge on how to calculate figures and
amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions,
percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, rulers, scales
and other measurement devices.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.Why work with us?
Take a look at all we have to offer!
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability Insurance and Life
- Additional Benefits - Long-Term Disability, Supplemental Life,
Accident and Critical Illness Coverage Plans
- Excellent 401(k) retirement plan with generous company
- We pride ourselves in investing in our employees by offering
onsite training and the ability to have unlimited growth potential
within our organization
- We believe in rewarding our employees with performance-based
salary increasesCheck out this video to learn more about us!
Keywords: Resource Label Group, Cerritos , Project Estimator, Professions , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!