Operations Construction Manager
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
The Construction Manager-Operations role is critical to ensuring
our properties are move-in ready as soon as possible. If you enjoy
coordinating and leading activities related to getting a property
customer-ready, then this is the role for you. You will be
responsible for identifying, coordinating, and managing our tenant
and capital improvement projects.
As the Construction Manager - Operations, you are an integral part
of the Customer Experience Team (CET) working with your peers from
leasing, property management, and maintenance to ensure our
buildings remain best in class and our tenants receive world-class
customer service. It also means having great relationship-building
skills to build trusted partnerships with vendors, public agencies,
customers, and internal teams to ensure timely and coordinated
delivery of our spaces.
This role is perfectly positioned to optimize our real estate
portfolio by having a deep understanding of the features and
functions within our properties that influence rental behavior. You
will be perfectly positioned to understand our customer's business
and their pain points so that you can introduce solutions and
products to address their issues through our Prologis Essentials
program. This position reports to the Market Officer.
What's needed in order to do that:
- Plan internal and external resources as required to coordinate
and monitor the construction process including:
- Hire and manage design professionals, consultants, contractors,
- Develop schedules and provide conceptual and pre-construction
- Obtain competitive bids and conduct bid analysis on Make Ready,
Tenant and Capital Improvement projects
- Work closely with construction procurement to leverage pricing
- Manage the procurement of permits and all necessary
- Promote a culture of safety and ensure customer satisfaction on
- Provide detailed project cost tracking for both hard and soft
- Manage execution of Prologis Essentials projects
- Identify opportunities to upgrade and maximize the value of
existing real estate portfolio via building enhancements such as
fa--ade renovations, building function, parking improvements,
etc.Tell us if you're ready.
- Customer centricity focusing on solving customer pain points by
providing products and services that meet the customer's need.
- Self-motivated and ability to multi-task, prioritize and
resolve complex issues with minimal direction
- Innovative mindset - open to Lean construction techniques and
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture, or
Engineering (Civil or Structural); or applicable and equivalent
experience in the Construction Management field, Industrial Real
- Project management experience with a commercial general
contractor, real estate owner, and/or the owner's representative
- Aptitude for construction management, tenant improvement
implementation or related educational background suitable for
learning the trade.
- Experience or aptitude in Property Improvements, Roofing,
Construction, Tenant Improvements and Renovations
- Proficient with or ability to quickly learn new technologies
(i.e. Excel, MS Project, Google Earth, ACAD viewer, Bluebeam, and
- Ability to travel locally up to 20% of the time.All full-time
roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes
healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible
dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial,
and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan
has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We
also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year
in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
Keywords: Prologis, Cerritos , Operations Construction Manager, Professions , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!