Sr. Project Financial Analyst
Company: Babcock Power
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Babcock Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now Sr. Project Financial Analyst
Company:Thermal Engineering Int'l (USA) Location:Cerritos, CA Job
Type:Finance Position Summary: Thermal Engineering International
(USA) Inc. designs and fabricates high quality Pressure Vessels and
Heat Transfer Equipment for the power generation and process
industries worldwide. TEi's product line includes a wide variety of
main steam condensers, feedwater heaters, moisture separator
reheaters (MSRs) and auxiliary heat exchangers. The Financial
Analyst is a key member of the Finance Team and works directly with
the Project Managers, under supervision of FP&A Manager, to
help support the project's goals and objectives; maintain project
budgets, analyze progress reported against budgets, and recommend
and take action to improve progress. This individual will monitor
and analyze the financial plan on assigned contracts to ensure that
the Project Team and Management are informed as to status and
issues which can positively or negatively impact the overall
revenue and margin plans and will support the Finance Department
with business planning and forecasting of results. Essential
* Prepare, analyze, and review the currently financial
reports/analysis of projects including monthly Project Status
Reports, Cost and Revenue Forecasts, Budget Variance Reporting,
Ad-Hoc Analysis, etc.
* Investigating Budget Variances and working with the Project Team
identify the root cause, any lessons learned, and then recommend
possible corrective actions.
* Interface with Divisional Managers to review monthly business
results and support the annual and quarterly forecast updates for
Project, Resource and Overhead planning.
* Work with project team and accounting team to enhance the
month-end process and to ensure changes to Work Scope are
identified and documented.
* Assist with invoicing and tracking of progress billing.
* Prepare various Month-end reports.
* Review current workflow and reports and help lead/drive process
improvement and automation to completion.
Job Requirements / Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
* Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.), discipline in
* 3 - 5 years of relevant work experiences, Current work
experiences/Project based experience/Manufacturing or Engineering
* Intermediate knowledge financial and cost accounting including
Project Costing, Inventory, Work in Progress and Percent Complete
Revenue Recognition, etc.
* Capable of using ERP system and various other database formats
and running ad-hoc queries/reports. Power BI (Plus)
* Requires advanced knowledge of Excel to create project specific
worksheets for analysis of trends, problems, and forecasts.
* Must be detail oriented and thrive in a fast paced
* Strong ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting the
Keywords: Babcock Power, Cerritos , Sr. Project Financial Analyst, Professions , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!