Steward/Stewardess - Food & Nutrition Services - Part Time - Evenings
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!At Cedars-Sinai, we're
motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to
continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for
helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our
people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This
is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named
us one of Americas Best Hospitalsand now we invite you to join us
and make a difference every single day in service of this
outstanding work excellence and innovation in patient care,
research, and community service. From working with a team of
dedicated professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, youll
have great resources to do something incrediblefor yourself, and
for othersWhat will you be doing in this role?Under minimal
supervision, the Steward/ess provides direct meal service to
patients in a friendly and efficient manner, obtains feedback from
patients regarding their food and service, and quickly resolves
reported problems. Collaborates with leadership staff to improve
the quality and food and nutrition care service provided to
patients. Performs all job duties with sensitivity and attention to
the cultural, age, developmental, and environmental safety issues
of the patient populations(s) served.Primary Duties and
- Accurately delivers food items/trays/nourishment items
according to designated location/patients by using two patient
identifiers when delivering meals/nourishments.
- Collects soiled trays and asks patient feedback regarding their
food and service.
- Demonstrates correct service ware cleaning and dishwashing
- Accurately assembles trays according to prescribed diets in
- Accurately prepares food and nourishment items according to
standard production orders.
- Demonstrates standard procedures for preparing meals, hot/cold
beverages for meal service.
- Accurately follows instructions and guidelines for proper
storage of food and supplies.
- Properly operates, sanitizes, and maintains equipment in the
- Complies with policies and adapts to changes in the unit as
- Escalates issues as appropriate to supervisors.
- Performs duties in a mindful and safe manner.#jobs
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- At least one (1) year of food service, food handling, or
comparable experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Computer proficiency is a requirement.
- Must be able to work the evening Shift: (4:00pm - 9:00pm
Working Title:Steward/Stewardess - Food & Nutrition Services - Part
Time - Evenings
Department:Pat Food Spec
Business Entity:Clinical & Support Services
Job Category:,Patient Services,Patient Services
Job Specialty:Food Services
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: Cedars-sinai, Cerritos , Steward/Stewardess - Food & Nutrition Services - Part Time - Evenings, Other , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!