Pod Leader Physician
Company: Landmark Health
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Provides medical care and management to members served by
Landmark Health. - Provides supervisory oversight of advance
practice practitioners through a formalized chart review program.
Works with the Market Medical Director to ensure proper clinical
oversight of APPs. - Dedicated to improving the health and
well-being of members; this position collaborates with existing
PCPs if present, the Landmark multi-disciplinary team, and other
health professionals, to develop members' goals of care in all
phases of longitudinal. -Works with Market medical director, not
- Collaborating physicians are contracted with Landmark Health to
perform services as required by applicable state law and licensing
rules, for certain Nurse Practitioners employed by or who otherwise
provide services on behalf of Landmark Health.
- The provisions of the substantive clinical collaboration
between Physician and any such NP will be set forth in a
Collaboration Agreement to be mutually agreed upon and entered into
between Physician and the NP, which Collaboration Agreement will be
consistent with Landmark Health's established clinical protocols
and collaborative relationship expectations.
- Collaborative physicians will conduct a review and audit of
patient charts on a regular schedule for quality assurance,
regulatory compliance, and to ensure the patients receive the care
and treatment they need.
- Evaluations and check-in between the Physician and NP
concerning patient care and the collaborative relationship shall
also occur on a regular schedule, not to be less than required by
applicable laws and regulations.
- Collaborative physician may also assess patients' needs in
their place of residence, including:
- Caregiver support
- Environmental safety
- Provides patient care through a partnership with nurses and
physician assistants overseeing the care provided by the nurse
practitioner (NP), or physician's assistant (PA).
- Develop and update care plans and documentation of clinical
encounters in the electronic medical record as per Landmark's
Medical Records Policies.
- Provide same-day clinical assessment and treatment for
- If clinically necessary, and if APP unavailable to do so, calls
and communicates directly with patient's PCP in real time to
discuss any changes of condition and potential medication changes.
Plans will be collaboratively decided on with PCP, but if unable to
reach and emergent situation, NP/PA will render appropriate
services and communicate changes at first available
- Prescribes appropriate diagnostics, interventions, referrals,
or medications necessary to avoid unnecessary and preventable
transfers/acute admissions. Educates members and/or their legal
representatives in disease processes affecting members and ways to
manage them effectively, as well as to promote wellness.
- Keeps current on relevant medical and nursing research,
technology, and related issues by attending continuing education
courses, professional meetings, and journal reviews.
- Demonstrate appropriate medical judgment and appropriate use of
resources with regards to care plans, diagnostic testing, and
- Develop strong patient-doctor and caretaker/family-doctor
relationships to improve patient compliance with care plan.
- Work with the NCM to ensure care plan is meeting the clinical
and psycho-social needs of the patient.
- Provide timely, evidence-based, and appropriate patient care at
- Complete and sign all documentation (including from vendors)
within required timeframes.
- Maintain high levels of patient and family satisfaction.
- Arrange for transfers and placements to appropriate levels of
- Landmark Health agrees to pay an hourly rate, established at
fair market value for the services provided. The Physician will
submit a timesheet that tracks the collaborative practice oversight
and mentorship for each NP for which the relationship has been
- Perform other duties as assigned.To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. -Education and/or
- Current, valid, non-sanctioned, non-restricted license to
practice medicine in the state
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine,
Geriatrics sub-specialty or Family Practice [Board Eligible for up
to one year if new grad]
- Ability to meet all Landmark Credentialing Requirements
- Extensive experience in providing medical care to geriatrics
- Familiarity with Medicare Guidelines
- Familiarity with CPT and ICD-9 codes as related to billing
- Malpractice profile meets Landmark's risk guidelines.
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience, home-based care
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care.
- Awareness about UM standards, NCQA requirements, CMS
guidelines, Milliman guidelines, and Medicaid/Medicare contracts
and benefit systems are helpful.Certificates, Licenses,
- Medical Doctorate or Doctorate of Osteopathy required
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine,
Geriatrics sub-specialty or Family Practice
- Current DEA
- Current state Driver's license without restrictions and with
good driving record.We are now part of Optum and the United Health
Group family of businesses, backed by the resources of a global
health organization working to help people live healthier lives and
to help make the health system work better for everyone. -As part
of our hiring process, upon accepting an offer, candidates will be
required to complete a 9-panel drug test. Due to our partnership
with the Medicare Advantage program, our drug testing policies are
consistent with Federal law. -Please be aware that Landmark Health
does not solicit money or offer payment for job applications, nor
do we ask candidates to email or submit any personal information
over unsecured channels.Landmark Health requires all new hires and
employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Keywords: Landmark Health, Cerritos , Pod Leader Physician, Other , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!