Systems Engineer III - Managed Services EMS - Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: July 22, 2021
At a glance:
- Are you an experienced system engineer skilled at developing
and implementing operations support systems (OSS)
- Can you commit to a position enhancing the quality of the
operations systems for a technology leader?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work
environment that encourages our team members to reach their full
potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a
national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving
America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and
managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and
networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's
industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to
achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to
meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum
Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
You are passionate about designing, developing and implementing
high-quality OSS upgrades and enhancements. As a Systems Engineer
III, you are dedicated to system quality and client satisfaction.
You accelerate growth by efficiently programming multiple OSS
applications and their associated operating systems and databases.
You excel at the application administration of OSS software that
supports all the Spectrum Enterprise divisions.
Using industry-current engineering expertise, you successfully
guide the full lifecycle of systems engineering activities for
high-quality, scalable solutions. You focus on guiding projects
through the implementation of approved system architecture and
designs. You maximize the system through process improvement
recommendations. You thrive in an office environment and feel
comfortable collaborating with multiple internal and external teams
across various application development projects. You report to the
Senior Manager of Network Engineering for goals, guidance and
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all
efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Review existing integration capabilities, data sources and
proposed solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality
while coordinating with internal departments.
- Innovate systems solutions by conducting design sessions with
Architects and Engineers to create configuration designs for
implementation in various environments.
- Drive system engineering projects through the creation of
detailed design documents and functional specifications for new
applications, services and system enhancements.
- Release products and enhancements on time by drafting work
effort estimates for assigned tasks and support
- Mitigate system risks by developing core code modules, unit
test tools and release notes for enhancements and bug fixes.
- Boost efficiency through the review of new development tools,
application frameworks and testing tools for functionality and
- Ensure proper OSS application installation, administration,
configuration and maintenance, to include the operating system and
- Improve client satisfaction by providing on-call support to
resolve OSS application issues after normal business hours.
- Minimize client impact during predetermined maintenance windows
by using established change management processes.
- Maximize the databases by working with administrators to
configure, tune and maintain them in a variety of languages.
- Refer to completed projects in the future by documenting all
systems configurations and upgrades.
- Maintain continuous operations by designing and implementing
change control policies and disaster recovery plans while leading
the troubleshooting efforts in the event of an outage.
- Reduce system issues by monitoring and managing applications,
device availability, network conditions, system reliability and
performance, program maintenance and storage resources.
Required keys for success:
- Three or more years of system administration experience.
- Three or more years of database support and development
- Three or more years of experience in enterprise application
- Four or more years of network OSS application experience.
- Five or more years of application development experience.
- Advanced knowledge of network and systems engineering concepts
and system or super-system skills, including NetApp Clustered
On-TAP, Cisco UCS and VMWare systems.
- In-depth knowledge of development tools, application frameworks
and testing tools.
- Expert in OSS applications, software and troubleshooting.
- Proven ability to conduct design sessions to determine specific
solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality.
- Track record of creating detailed documentation to show how to
functionally understand new and existing applications.
- Experienced in following and implementing established change
and control policies and procedures.
- History of choosing the appropriate lifecycle and planning,
monitoring and controlling the systems engineering process.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and
work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Solid ability to transform an operational need into a
description of system parameters and incorporate those parameters
in the control of the system development to achieve an optimum,
cost-effective balance of all system elements.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Five or more years of system administration experience.
- Five or more years of database support and development
- Five or more years of experience in enterprise application
- Six or more years of network OSS application experience.
- Seven or more years of application development experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, or an
equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Cisco certified network associate (CCNA) or Cisco certified
network professional (CCNP) certification (preferred).
- Cisco certified internetwork expert (CCIE) data center
- Cisco certified internetwork expert (CCIE) routing and
switching certification (preferred).
Keywords: Spectrum, Cerritos , Systems Engineer III - Managed Services EMS - Spectrum Enterprise, Other , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!