Production Scheduler I
Company: Carlisle Interconnect Technologies
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Provides professional materials planning and scheduling support
to the organization including close coordination with Sales,
Customer Service and Manufacturing departments. Maintains and
improves MRP system parameters and planning systems, generates and
releases work orders, reschedules by Order Action reports, and
maintains area capacity plans and product forecasts. Supports
internal customers in all areas relating to availability of product
as well as scheduling and capacity information. Supports production
plans set by Master schedulers to achieve planned production levels
and to provide excellent customer service as well as meet company
goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain all MRP or applicable scheduling systems pertaining to
the management and scheduling activities required for work order
and capacity planning. Communicates with internal customers and
coordinates material requirements.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal
customers, other Carlisle facilities and Sales staff.
- Supports production planning processes to ensure the
organization meets customer delivery requirements and expectations.
Supports sales activities, new product introduction, and other
customer demand fulfillment activities.
- Understands terms and conditions, order confirmation, revision
and change notice processes, and other processes within the
facility affecting production planning activities.
- Maintains and continuously improves MRP system or other
Capacity Planning system parameters and processes for effective use
of system planning and scheduling capabilities.
- Supports schedule and release direction provided by the Master
Scheduler for manufacturing orders within the facility.
- Proactively pursues the elimination of shortages that impact or
may impact production and shipments.
- Follows applicable Standard operating procedures to ensure
proper execution of scheduling and capacity planning.
- Processes RMAs and other transactions daily using the MRP
system and related ancillary data sources/toolsets developed for
this activity, including other databases and spreadsheets.
- Performs routine clerical tasks such as proofreading,
maintaining logs &/or updating information such as Key
Performance Indicators/Targets-To-Improve, SQDC(I) boards, periodic
planning reports, other location requirements regarding customer
and product quality, service, lead-time, etc.
- Contributes to team effort in a collaborative and supportive
- Maintains clean, organized work environment and adheres to all
safety standards, procedures, and regulations.
- Adheres to all factory safety procedures and guidelines.
- Other duties as required in support of the department and the
- This position does not have any supervisory
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is a clean facility, housing
different machinery, equipment, processes, and chemicals which
produce potential hazards in the work environment such as:
ergonomic, chemical, machine point of operation, and powered
industrial vehicle traffic. These hazards are controlled through
means of engineering controls, such as machine guarding, and
administrative controls, such as safety policies and programs. In
certain areas of the facility, employees are required to wear
Personal Protective equipment such as Hearing Protection, Safety
Glasses, Safety Toe Shoes, and hand protection.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
- ASTM F-2412-2005, ANSI Z41-1999, or ANSI Z41-1991 rated safety
toe shoes in required areas
- Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses in required areas
- Hearing protection, in required locations
- Ability to compile with JSA in specific areas
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying
and reducing the environmental impact of its operations,
activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all
applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the
environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and
continually improving our environmental performance in all our
global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive
Environmental Management System that provides the framework for
setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or
EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a
US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident
(Green Card Holder).
Minimal travel but can be up to 15%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on
- Two (2) year degree or equivalent experience is required.
Bachelor's degree (Business or Supply Chain) is preferred.
- One (1) or more years of progressive experience in planning and
scheduling position(s) is required. Cable and electronic component
planning experience desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- APICS/ISM/Supply Chain certification or willingness to complete
first module of APICS Certified Production and Inventory Management
(CPIM) program (or equivalent) within one years of employment is
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to learn and/or materials management skills
including Planning and Scheduling techniques and methodologies,
General Manufacturing knowledge, Materials Requirement Planning
(MRP), general knowledge of Engineering Change processes, Inventory
Control, Transactional Management, and critical thinking and
- Understanding and experience in Lean manufacturing environment
preferred. Participate in continuous improvement projects and 5S
related performance teams.
- Solid organizational interface skills.
- A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the
organization and possesses excellent communication skills with high
ethical standards and a positive professional image.
- An energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with
high ethical standards and a positive professional image. Ability
to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast paced,
constantly changing, and ambiguous environment while maintaining a
positive team environment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from managers, suppliers, and employees. Portrays a
positive and professional image. Ability to establish relations
with a wide range of personalities, cultural backgrounds, and
- Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts such as
probability such as percentages, ratios, and proportions to
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts,
and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables.
- Excellent knowledge of ERP systems (SAP MM and PP module
knowledge is preferred).
- Proficient in MS Office, MS-Access are beneficial.
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Reliable and flexible to work additional hours on short notice
to complete orders and/or special projects to meet customer
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or
feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to
reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and
walk. The employee must occasionally lift walk. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: Carlisle Interconnect Technologies, Cerritos , Production Scheduler I, Other , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!