Certified Nursing Assistant FT/Nights
Primary Location: United States-CA-CASanta Ana
Function:Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
Come join our amazing
team of Certified Nursing Assistants and Clinical staff
supporting the Adults and Elders in our community-based day
programs. Have an amazing impact in the quality of services for the
adults and families we support, making a difference in the lives of
others each day.
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals
we serve is of utmost importance to us. Due to the essential
services we provide as Caregiver/Life Skills Trainer, we continue
to accept applications and fill open positions in our residential
programs. Providing round-the-clock care, we have full-time and
part-time schedules open with all shifts available immediately.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we
will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and
continue to recruit top talent at NeuroRestorative, a partner of
The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding
COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to
participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools.
Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in
your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on
the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one
EasyApply on Indeed or Text MENTORJOBS to 97211, we have work
As a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) with Adult Day Health,
you will work to ensure our program meets the needs of each of the
individuals we serve. Our caring staff
works with each participant to create an individualized Plan
Care that fits their needs and interests. For one adult, this
help managing an illness such as diabetes. For another, it may
activities; help with medications and meals tailored to their
needs. Depending on each person’s unique needs, the care plan
services such as nursing care, social activities, healthy,
delicious meals, and transportation to and from their local
We seek a compassionate and committed CNA to provide nursing
services, training, and support to address the medical, behavioral,
and psychiatric needs of individuals.
Specific tasks include:
• Ensure follow through of specific programsdeveloped by the
• Responsible for participant safety and well being at all
• Monitor and provide training in mealtimeprogramming as
necessary, prepare food as needed.
• Assist participants with basic hygiene skills (grooming,
toileting) and other tasks (feeding, shopping) according to each
participant’s Plan of Care.
• Work as a member of the treatment team. Cooperate and
effectively communicate with other staff in the
development,implementation, and evaluation of Plan of Care and
programming for eachparticipant.
• Assist with bowel and bladder incontinence,management of bowel
and bladder program and/or care of urinary drainagecatheters or
equipment and support.
• Manage physical transfer of participants followingtraining
• Facilitate leisure planning with participants.Assist
participants and accompany participants to appointments and leisure
activities.Interact with participants in an empathetic,respectful,
caring, and dignified manner.
• Adhere to Emergency Manual guidelines; conduct
• Maintain cleanliness and appearance of participants atall
times. Complete all cleaning activities as identified on cleaning
scheduleand as assigned by supervisor.
• Complete necessary documentation, reports, etc. ina timely,
thorough, and accurate manner.
• Substitute for other CNAs.Recruit own substitute for scheduled
shifts when necessary with supervisor’sprior approval.
• Attend staff meetings, conferences, in-services asassigned by
• Assist with compliance of Department of Public Health
requirements.Follow confidentiality requirements at all times.
• Adhere to Participant Bill of Rights and otherpolicies and
• Care for and maintain all recreation andresidential equipment.
Confer with supervisor regarding current equipmentstatus and needs.
Communicate supply and maintenance needs to supervisor.
• Adhere to Personnel Policies and Procedures; successfully
complete mandatory trainings.Responsible for attending annual
refresher/re-certification courses prior tocertification expiration
• Perform other related duties and activities asrequired.
What we offer you:
• Achance to make a difference in peoples’ lives on a daily
• Arewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers
you could ask for
• Competitivepay rates and paid time off
• Paidtraining; Holiday pay
• Family-orientedenvironment, employee events
• Career development and advancement opportunities
• Adynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the
What we require of you:
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
• Completion of a CNA certificate program; current CNA
• 6 months - 1 year of CNA experience preferred
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS), CPR
• Successful clearance of Background Checks and Reference
• Successful clearance of health screens and/or drug screens as
required by the state.
• Ability to effectively communicate with participants, staff,
• Responsible, empathetic approach with a demonstrated ability
to work independently.
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a
strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Adult
Day Health is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The
MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service
providers offering quality, community-based services.
With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals
in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast.
When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every
day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to
individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply