Software Network Engineer
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Ready to guide the identification, forecasting and
implementation of resource requirements? You can do that. Are you
passionate about security, client service hardening, and service
restoration? As a Network Engineer II, Security at Spectrum
Enterprise, you can do that. Spectrum Enterprise provides modern
enterprise technology solutions that meet the unique needs of some
of the country's biggest brands. If you're looking to build your
most successful career, support client growth and work alongside
intelligent, driven professionals, you can do that. We're ready to
go all in on your future and create an engaging environment.
BE PART OF THE CONNECTION Using your expert technical skills, you
plan resource requirements for Spectrum Enterprise Core and client
network systems. You drive the implementation process while
monitoring protocols and compatibility standards. You collaborate
with teams in person and digitally within an office environment.
Depending on the business unit, you may be part of a 24/7/365
on-call environment. WHAT OUR NETWORK ENGINEERS ENJOY MOST
- Drive engineering projects by participating in planning the
- Complete network configuration projects by integrating
communication architecture, topologies, hardware, software,
transmission and signaling links.
- Enhance the product base through product evaluations and
network issue resolution.
- Maintain product and service quality by developing and
documenting technical standards.
- Optimize existing networks by completing medium- to
highly-complex projects and systems.
- Provide escalated troubleshooting and issues resolutions to
support tiers during program implementation.
- Guide and mentor less experienced team members to improve
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO SPECTRUM ENTERPRISE Required Qualifications
- Experience: Three or more years of data network
- Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical
engineering, a related field or equivalent experience.
- Technical Skills: Familiar with fiber, multi-mode, single-mode
and UTP; Clear understanding of bridging, switching, routing,
Ethernet, transport technologies and IEEE and ANSI standards;
Knowledge of network design, devices, network appliances, network
architecture, protocols (ISIS, OSPF, BGP and MPLS) and network
topology; In-depth data network knowledge of TCP/IP, OSI model and
optical networking; Knowledge of CWDM and DWDM; Proficient in
- Skills: English communication skills.
- Abilities: Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new
technologies. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in securing enterprise networks (Internal and
External attach vectors).
- Firewall experience (Fortinet, Palo Alto, ASA, Meraki).
- Familiariaty with a programming language such as Python, Go,
- Proficiency in cybersecurity software SIEM, SOAR, DDOS
- Understanding of regulatory requirements such as PCI, HIPAA,
- CCNP certification.
- Knowledge of Spectrum Enterprise products and services.
SPECTRUM ENTERPRISE CONNECTS YOU TO MORE
- Embracing Diversity: A culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to exceeding client
- Learning Culture: Company support in obtaining technical
- Dynamic Growth: Paid training and clearly defined paths to
advance within the company.
- Total Rewards: Comprehensive benefits that encourage a
work-life balance . Apply now, connect a friend to this opportunity
or sign up for job alerts !
ENE309 7 2023
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's
why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package
that rewards employees for their contributions to our success,
supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value
at every stage of life.
A qualified applicant's criminal history, if any, will be
considered in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including
The pay for this position has a salary range of $68,300.00 to
$157,200.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide
range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience
and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional
forms of compensation such as bonuses.
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States
by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Internet , TV, Mobile
and Voice, Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum
Reach. When you join us, you're joining a strong community of more
than 101,000 individuals working together to serve more than 32
million customers in 41 states and keep them connected to what
matters most. Watch this video to learn more.
Who You Are Matters Here We're committed to growing a workforce
that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities
for employment and advancement. EOE, including disability/vets.
Learn about our inclusive culture.
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Cerritos , Software Network Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!