Company: McLane Company
Posted on: November 18, 2023
This position is responsible for coordinating the daily
functions of the Human Resources Team.
- Pay Rate: HR Generalists make $65k to $72k.
- Day 1 Benefits available: medical, dental, and vision
insurance, FSA/HSA and company-paid life insurance.
- Get paid early. Get paid fast.
- 401(k) with annual company match.
- Paid holidays, vacation time, sick leave accrual, college
tuition reimbursement, and more!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have
the ability to:
- Key partner is managing the life cycle recruiting function from
start to finish by managing requisitions, recruitment strategies,
advertisements, job fairs, screening applicants, conducting phone
interviews, coordinating with hiring managers and conducting
- Review, coach and guide the leadership team with corrective
- Conduct internal HR audits, inclusive of auding I-9s for legal
- Oversee and manage work comp claims, including meeting with our
teammates to ensure they receive treatment and return to work as
soon as possible.
- Administer and maintain FMLA paperwork inclusive tracking
leaves of absence and engaging in interactive process
- Coordinate and organize teammate events for teammate engagement
- Present HR topics in teammate meetings and warehouse pre-shift
- Conduct investigations and resolve employee relations issues
while coordinating with the HR Manager
- Coordinate and onboard new hires, and present in new hire
- Serve as payroll back up and preparing final pay checks.
- Assist with maintain employee records, including scanning and
indexing documents into employee files.
- Support HR Manager as needed.
- Promote teammate morale through open lines of communication and
- Ensure that the McLane Company policies and practices are
carried out within legal guidelines and that applicants and
teammates are treated fairly and consistently.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
- Have a bachelor's degree.
- Have 2+ years experience in Human Resources.
- Possess hands on experience in training and coaching.
- Understand safety practice guidelines.
- Have strong MS Office skills including Word and Excel.
PowerPoint will be useful; Peoplesoft experience preferred.
- Be able to identify and work through problems and conflicting
issues in a clear and diplomatic manner.
- Be able to review and interpret data, transactions, policies,
and business practices.
- Be an effective communicator (verbally and written) with
teammates at all levels.
- Be able to work in diverse and fast paced environment.
- Office environment.
Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in
accordance with applicable laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: McLane Company, Cerritos , HR GENERALIST, Human Resources , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!