Posted on: January 22, 2023
Director of Human Resources - West Region Locations Employment
Type Full Time Date Posted 13-Jan-2023 Relocation Support Yes
Description & Requirements WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our
customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions
that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's team members
support customers around the world from locations spanning North
America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at
www.westrock.com. WestRock is a company where each of us genuinely
belongs, is respected and valued, can do our best work, and where
diversity, inclusion and equity are competitive advantages! The
Opportunity: The Director of Human Resources will lead the HR
capability for our Corrugated Container - US Western Region. You
will lead and manage a team of human resources professionals by
providing innovative and pro-active HR leadership in support of
multiple business units for approximately 30 manufacturing sites in
AZ, CA, CO, ID, UT, WA . You will also be involved strategically
and operationally with a broad spectrum of HR disciplines including
Talent Management & Development, Total Rewards, Diversity &
Inclusion, Performance Management, Talent Acquisition, and Employee
Relations to drive business outcomes against the execution of our
global HR and business priorities. How you will impact
- Strategic business partner and trusted advisor to senior
leadership focused on a broad-based and transformational talent
agenda designed to attract, develop, and retain top talent which
will enable the business to achieve growth plans and business
- Initiate and execute HR strategies and programs that have
long-term impact for the business in alignment with corporate
strategies and initiatives.
- Build trust and effective partnerships with business leaders
and HR COE teams, understanding business needs and issues involving
people and process; actively consulting and providing solutions
based on understanding of relevant business needs.
- Constantly measure effectiveness of HR initiatives and programs
to ensure they are delivering desired outcomes. Utilize data-driven
insights to support decision making process.
- Serve as a trusted advisor for talent development solutions and
organizational design strategies.Lead and execute key initiatives
and provide solutions for employee relations, organization
development, performance management, workforce planning, talent
acquisition, talent development, succession planning and diversity
- Lead Inclusion & Diversity efforts to develop and implement
strategies to attract, retain, grow, develop, and engage employees
to strengthen the diversity and inclusion of our people and
- Serve as change agent as WestRock continues to expand with a
goal of providing world-class customer and employee experience.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree in human resources,
business, or related field preferred
- 10+ years of HR Business Partner experience in roles of
progressively increasing scope and in matrixed, high-growth, global
organizations; preferably experience with multi-site/shift
- Highly creative and innovative and future thinker on HR trends
and approaches. Transformative with strong critical thinking skills
to effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to
address competitive, complex business issues.
- Strong leadership capability with proven experience to
influence key leaders across the organization.
- Sound business acumen and the ability to establish credibility,
trust and partnership at all levels within an organization.
- Must be results oriented, customer-focused and able to manage
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and decision-making capability. Ability to
analyze data (real time, historical, unstructured, structured,
qualitative) to identify patterns and generate insights to inform
and make decisions.
- A hands-on, self-motivated, and goal-oriented individual who is
an agent for positive change and innovation, inspiring employees to
the highest standards of performance through frequent
communication, good management practices, performance measurement
systems, and leadership.
- Continuous improvement mindset: where possible make decisions,
which support "One Westrock" model. Seek to eliminate waste and
improve processes to drive efficiencies and valued outcomes.
- Possess strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office
applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel domestically: 25% - 40% Compensation Offered:
Salary Range: $166,600 - $266,000 What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability,
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and
- Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, 401k with match, tuition reimbursement, employee
discounts, employee referral bonus, and much more!
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability,
Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements
of the daily work. WestRock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We
strive to create and maintain a diverse workforce where everyone
feels valued, respected, and included. WestRock does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or
Keywords: Avature, Cerritos , Director HR, Human Resources , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!