Human Resources Advisor
Company: RESA Power
Posted on: March 15, 2020
HR Advisor - CA Wage & Labor
Position Summary:RESA Power is currently seeking a HR Advisor
located in the Cerritos, CA area to support our Western Region.
This position is responsible for aligning business objectives with
employees and management in designated business units. The position
will formulate partnerships across the HR function to deliver
value-added service to management and employees that reflect the
business objectives of the organization. The ideal candidate will
possess a high level of business literacy, California labor laws,
performance management, and learning & development. This position
has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a
coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with
assigned client groups through frequent site visits and
consistently delivering results. Be the key HR contact and trusted
advisor for managers and employees.
- Work with local management and corporate HR to identify, define
and implement HR plans and solutions that address the needs of the
business and the overall company.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business needs and trends to
help drive the business forward.
- Consult with leaders to help them navigate through employee
issues so they understand the different risks and benefits of
different scenarios to make the best decision possible for the
- Maintain a current working knowledge of local labor laws and
ensure compliance in all assigned locations.
- Coordinate with corporate HR on resolving employee issues
regarding benefits, pay, or other HR policy related matters.
- Champion corporate HR initiatives as assigned.
- Proficient with California wage and pay practices, SDI (State
Disability Insurance), California withholding schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working in a
fast-paced, change-driven environment.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in an MS Office
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines;
including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis,
employee and union relations, diversity, performance management,
and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Excellent business partnering and interpersonal skills. Ability
to establish rapport with individuals from diverse backgrounds and
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to
develop and interpret data to make sound decisions that both
support our business strategy and align with regulations, policies,
and labor contracts.
- Flexible and innovative; the ideal candidate brings a positive,
high-energy attitude with strong customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
tailor communication style with all levels in the
- Action oriented with the ability to prioritize and perform
multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to travel to assigned locations on a recurring basis
and as needed (Bakersfield, San Jose, Vacaville, Vancouver BC). 25%
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management.
- Minimum of five years of experience resolving complex employee
- Demonstrated progression as a Human Resources Generalist /
- Minimum of five years of experience managing California wage
and pay practices & withholding schedule.
- Post-Secondary Master's degree or SHRM certification.
- SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential.
- Proficient fluency in Spanish.
- UltiPro experience (all modules).
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship,
Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability,
Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the
Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by
Keywords: RESA Power, Cerritos , Human Resources Advisor, Human Resources , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!