Represented Bodily Injury Team Manager
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Location(s)Cerritos CADetailsKemper is one of the nation's
leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of
the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in
the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing
culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and
professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be
highly motivating and productive. Kemper's products and services
are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and
evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an
experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our
promises.Responsible for the management, control and day-to-day
function of assigned team of Continuing Action Adjusters. Ensures
that all claims assigned to the unit are handled in an effective
manner according to corporate guidelines and applicable laws and
- Conducts interviewing, selection, and training of personnel.
Monitors performance, completes performance objectives, performance
reviews, salary changes, and disciplinary actions on a timely basis
as per company policy.
- Reviews all incoming losses for assignment to appropriate
personnel for contact with all parties within company
- Ensures that all Corporate/Regional directives and procedures
are followed within the office.
- Ensures the timely investigation and handling of claims
including coverage determination and timely settlement offers or
rejections are made according to state statutes and company
- Reviews all incoming lawsuits and other legal documents to
ensure proper handling. Establishes, recommends, approves and
monitors case reserves and settlements on claims and litigation
files within established guidelines.
- Conducts mini audits on a timely basis to ensure that
compliance with company guidelines and state laws are met in all
phases of claims handling.
- Evaluates skills, deficiencies and training needs of personnel
by review of audit results, management reports and observation of
day to day work habits. Takes necessary steps to ensure continued
improved performance, job knowledge and skills promotion through
education, counseling and other means.Position Qualifications:
- 2+ years of property and casualty claims supervisory experience
or 3 year's experience as Casualty Examiner, Litigation Specialist
or Continuing Action Adjuster.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all areas of performance including
a high level of skill in handling complex bodily injury
- Must have successfully complete an AIC Designation or completed
all parts of AEI Legal Principles within 2 years of assignment to
position (unless already completed or has a law degree).
- Ability to handle/review claims via on-line claims
- Must apply for and possess, on a timely basis, all applicable
licenses required by the State(s) to which the individual is
assigned and achieve/maintain state required continuing
- Travel may be required with short notice.
- Must be able to effectively deal with situations involving
verbally abusive claimants, insureds and others.Kemper is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered
for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
disability status or any other status protected by the laws or
regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to
supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we
work diligently to maintain a workplace free from
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search
firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be
considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated
to pay a placement fee.#IN-01
Keywords: Kemper, Cerritos , Represented Bodily Injury Team Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!