Postdoctoral Scientist - Sheyn Lab - Stem Cells & Sports Medicine
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Join Dr. Dima Sheyn and his research group as a Postdoctoral
Scientist in the Cedars-Sinai Regenerative Medicine Institute!The
Cedars-Sinai Board of Governors Regenerative Medicine Institute
brings together research faculty and clinicians to provide a true
"bench to bedside" organization. Regenerative medicine is a new and
developing field that aims to restore function in diseased or aged
tissues through either revitalizing existing cells or transplanting
new ones. At the Board of Governors Regenerative Medicine
Institute, researchers are turning stem cells into therapies for
treating a multitude of prevalent diseases and conditions.Are you
ready to be a part of breakthrough research?The Sheyn Laboratory
focuses on the development of stem cell therapies for multiple
musculoskeletal disorders caused by acute injuries and aging. The
primary focus of the lab is degenerative disc disease and sports
medicine-related injuries and chronic conditions. To learn more,
please visit: -Sheyn Research Lab - Cedars-Sinai.The Postdoctoral
Scientist works independently but in close cooperation and in
consultation with Dr. Sheyn and other Research Scientists. As a
Research Postdoc, plan and conduct experiments in-vitro to
manipulate induce pluripotent stem cells, combined with
biomaterials in bioreactors and organ-on-chip systems and will
manage in-vivo regeneration applications with PI's and lab staff's
support. The Research Postdoc will continue externally funded
projects, but also will assist in developing new concepts that will
be used for new grant applications.#JobsPrimary Job Duties and
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, submissions,
publications and presentations but is not responsible for
generating grant funds.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate
experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with
the Principal Investigator.
- May write/modify IRB and IACUC applications.
- May mentor/train research associates, technicians, and
- Participation in laboratory meetings, keeping a lab notebook,
performing calculations, tabulating data, summarizing methods and
results of related experiments and general lab maintenance.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments. Education:
- Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to
field of research specialization.Experience and Skillset:
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of
research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor
(typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and
procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and
operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Scheduling flexibility including evening, weekend and holiday
rotation commitment may be necessary. Travel may be required.
- Function efficiently and cooperatively with a team of faculty,
research associates, technicians, and students.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized
equipment. Working Title:Department:Business Entity:Job
Category:Job Specialty:Position Type:Shift Length:Shift Type:
Keywords: Careerbuilder-US, Cerritos , Postdoctoral Scientist - Sheyn Lab - Stem Cells & Sports Medicine, Healthcare , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!