Director, Supply Chain
Company: Babcock Power
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Babcock Power -is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? - Login Now Thermal Engineering International
(USA) Inc. designs and fabricates high quality Pressure Vessels and
Heat Transfer Equipment for the power generation and process
industries worldwide. TEi's product line includes a wide variety of
main steam condensers, feedwater heaters, moisture separator
reheaters (MSRs) and auxiliary heat exchangers. -The duties for
this position involve planning, organizing, directing, and
overseeing -all supply chain activities of the Department (Supply
Management, Global Sourcing & Logistics) to ensure policies and
procedures are followed with the overall objective of procuring all
goods and services at or below budget in a timely and quality
manner to support project schedule requirements.
- Manage department resources to effectively meet the Company's
procurement requirements, including assignment of commodities to
- Review and approve purchasing strategies/plans for all
- Manage the development and maintenance of a competitive Global
Supply base which includes identification, assessment,
negotiations, and management of contract manufacturing partners and
raw material Suppliers for all TEI products. -
- Ensure all procurement tools are being utilized to the fullest
extent (i.e. reverse auctions, group contracts, leverage buying,
global sourcing, etc.) by developing and maintaining accurate spend
- Support Company's proposal/estimating teams with current market
pricing for all project related commodities, including escalation
provisions, and participate in final price reviews.
- Review and approve bid tabs and Purchase Orders prepared by
Buyers and Global Sourcing Managers in accordance with Department
- Participate as a member of the Corporate Supply Management Team
and leverage BPI's spend across all Business Units.
- Manage Corporate Approved Supplier List and Supplier
- Support Project Teams related to Supplier problems/issues (i.e.
warranty, Back charge resolution, quality, schedule delays,
invoicing, etc.) Job Requirements / Skills, Knowledge and
- B.S. in Business Administration/Management, CPM preferred or a
minimum of seven (7) years in related project purchasing
- M.B.A. or advanced business course work desirable.
- Manufacturing and / or material background desirable.
- Ten (10) years purchasing experience in power industry with a
minimum of seven (7) years management experience.
- Team leadership and negotiation skills, detailed oriented and
ability to interact with all disciplines and levels of the
- General technical knowledge of heat exchanger product lines and
ASME code requirements.
- Experience with large capital procurement and risk mitigation
- Experience with global sourcing
- Knowledge of business law and accounting
- Excellent communication and writing skills, assertiveness, good
mathematics and analytical skills, and a clear understanding of
- Excellent people skills, negotiation and buying
- Knowledge of international/domestic supplier sourcing
techniques, supplier qualifications and transportation
- Highly motivated and self-driven.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing,
excellent people/leadership skills within a matrix
- Problem solving techniques/decision making.
- Flexibility in schedule, initiative, willingness to learn,
maintain effective and professional interaction between the Company
- Highly organized, excellent detail and quality of work
- Eager to be involved in teamwork and continuous improvement
- Willingness to manage and mentor potential purchasing
- Ability to manage and mentor potential purchasing
- Willingness to travel both domestic and international, without
- Certification / short course in Negotiation preferred
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) preferred
- Computer literate: Microsoft Word/Excel To provide greater
transparency to candidates, we include base pay ranges for all
US-based job postings that encompass all potential locations and
levels for the open position. Our base pay ranges are set based on
the function, discipline, level and regional location and are
benchmarked against companies in the same or similar industry.
Final offers may vary based on multiple factors, including;
education, depth and relevance of work experience, relevant
licenses and certifications, and may vary from the amounts listed
in the job posting.
The base pay range for this Director, Supply Chain position is
$122,000 - $195,750 annually
Keywords: Babcock Power, Cerritos , Director, Supply Chain, Executive , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!