Posted on: March 16, 2020
AuditBoard Ranked #3 on Deloitte's Fast 500 list with a growth
rate of 16,882%
Who we are:AuditBoard is revolutionizing an industry dominated by
spreadsheets and difficult-to-use software. By putting user
experience at the forefront, our cloud-based solution is quickly
transforming how pre-IPO and Fortune 500 companies think about
audit and compliance. Our software makes audit less painful and
more efficient for auditors, business teams, and executives. We
focus on our users, we love to learn, and we are a tight-knit team
that loves to build amazing experiences. Please apply if you're
interested in working in a highly collaborative, fast-growing
company building enterprise software that is loved by its
Who we are looking for:We are looking for a Design Manager to take
on the challenge of managing and scaling a talented team of
high-performance visual designers. This team is chartered with
supporting and driving marketing initiatives from a creative and
user experience perspective, including events, web, advertising,
and print. You will be expected to drive cross-functional
collaboration with the marketing team while also working on a
day-to-day basis to support and level-up designers on the team. You
will wear the hats of being a mentor, leader, user-experience
expert, and project manager. You will be closely collaborating with
our Director of Design and Art Director to develop the foundation
for scaling the team.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, has management and design
experience, and is excited to work in a dynamic, fast-paced,
low-ego environment. If this is you, we would love to speak with
- Lead and inspire. As a Manager, your primary objective is to
develop your team of designers, both as individuals and as a team.
You will help them find their career path and create opportunities
for them to grow. You will also be responsible for taking company
and marketing objectives and translating them into a vision and
objectives relatable and inspiring to a team of designers.
- Coach. You will provide mentorship and coaching to develop
designers in all areas of the craft, including UX Design, Visual
Design, Interaction Design, Research, and Communication.
- Project manage. You will closely collaborate with stakeholders
to understand project needs, break down and scope projects, plan
team capacity, and prioritize commitments. You will be accountable
for project success (timeliness and quality), while also ensuring
the health of the team.
- Build to scale. Design communication strategies, operational
processes, and UX methodologies that improve how we work and the
experience of the team. Plan for growth by developing training
programs, career ladders, and hiring plans.
- Measure success. You will help the team understand and measure
success by helping them understand business requirements, identify
design goals, as well as finding ways for the team to realize and
see the results of designs they produce.
- Design for users. Level-up the team by being a strong advocate
for data-driven UI/UX strategy and first class user-experience
practices. Stay up-to-date with the latest UI/UX trends, techniques
- Always be learning. You should always be pushing yourself to be
a better manager and designer. Learn from your team, your peers,
and even people with entirely different experiences. Absorb your
craft but also the entire business context for your own growth and
to support your team.
- If you see it, solve it. Be a self-starter, if you see a
problem beyond your immediate responsibilities, work to help solve
it. There's no such thing as "it's not my job" on our team and at
AuditBoard. Be willing to drive forward with ambiguity and multiple
priorities, planning effectively and handling iterative change.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual
communications, product, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or
a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-5+ years of experience managing a design team.
- Excellent leadership, communication and collaboration
- Experience in mentoring career growth and providing
- Demonstrable digital design skills with a portfolio that
showcases a breadth of styles and approaches (portfolio
- Strong visual design skills with a focus on user
- Adept in designing for complex business needs and various buyer
- Bonus if you have experience working with high-performance
- Bonus if you have experience with project or program
Why You'll Love Life at AuditBoard
- You'll be launching a career at a well-funded, hyper-growth
SaaS tech company
- Free daily catered lunches
- Stock options
- Unlimited snacks and beverages
- Free gym membership
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off and 10 holidays per year.
- 401k to save for your future
- Fun company and team outings - Work Hard Play Hard!
Keywords: AuditBoard, Cerritos , Design Manager, Executive , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!