Director Of Engineering
Company: Sapphire Technologies
Posted on: August 7, 2022
This position is responsible for leading our engineering
department in the development of new versions of our existing
turboexpander product and supporting the refinement/modification of
existing products towards commercialization.
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following
satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Manage, direct and coordinate engineering operations and
activities, including but not limited to new product development,
existing product support, manufacturing operations and technical
support of sales.
- Provide leadership within the organization as a member of the
executive team and lead a staff of engineers, managing, directing
and prioritizing their efforts.
- Develop design criteria and oversee new product development
through design, build and test.
- Develop accurate financial forecasts and budgets that
facilitate day-to-day decisions to support the planning, fund
raising and capital expenditure processes.
- Integrate the engineering function with other functions within
the organization, creating a seamless customer experience.
- Maintain/develop regular and frequent interaction with
customers at key decision maker levels.
- Ensure both product and service quality in all aspects of the
- Administer processes as necessary for engineering, development
and field operations.
- Develop testing procedures to document performance of equipment
and provide data to support sales, marketing and field
- Develop/evolve processes to reduce cost of existing and new
- Manage development test cells.
- Support field service issues.
- Motivate, inspire and energize the organization through
hands-on management and frequent communication.
- Develop a sufficient understanding of Sapphire's technologies
- Maintain a team culture that seeks and values the input of
employees, holds people accountable for results and encourages
QualificationsThe requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in engineering, product
development, new technology development or related positions,
preferably in high-speed rotating turbomachinery or clean
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in an engineering field (preferably
mechanical or electrical engineering).
- Minimum of 6 years of management experience.
- Experience and/or comfort with early-stage or growth-stage
- Hands-on experience with and knowledge of the capabilities and
limitations of Matlab, LabView, Solidworks and Ansys software.
- Prior leadership role in an organization focused on design,
build and test of complex engineered systems and products.
- Proven effective record of maintaining positive employee
relations and high levels of employee motivation and
- Strong technical knowledge of the following:
- Thermodynamics, fluid flow and heat transfer
- High speed rotating machinery
- Control logic
- Simulation analysis
- Electrical grid interconnection
- Ability to provide both technical and personnel
- Ability to work effectively in a cross functional team to
- Ability to make decisions with limited input and limited
information on hand.
- Ability to apply lessons learned from the previous products
into new systems.
- Ability to effectively present company and technology to
customers and investors through presentations, papers, lectures,
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or
hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and
reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus.The above job description is not
intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the
position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and
perform any other related duties, as assigned by their
To apply, email resume to -email@example.com.
Keywords: Sapphire Technologies, Cerritos , Director Of Engineering, Engineering , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!