Manager Sales Engineering Verticals Spectrum Enter
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany Description
Jobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just
employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting
to individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee,
Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Ethnic
Minority, and the Previously Incarcerated.
If you identify with any of the following communities do not
hesitate to register, even if you feel that this particular
opportunity is not the right fit for you.
Company Name: SpectrumJob Description
At a glance:
- Are you an expert in service provider solutions and skilled at
managing a team responsible for technical pre-sale activities?
- Can you commit to a sales engineering leadership position
guiding the development of all technical aspects to create and
implement client network solutions?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?Our company:
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work
environment that encourages our team members to reach their full
potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a
national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving
America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and
managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and
networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's
industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to
achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to
meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum
Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
Exceeding client expectations is at the center of your daily focus.
As the Manager of Sales Engineering Verticals, you simplify complex
client business needs through the detailed management of a
technical pre-sales support team. You are enthusiastic about
guiding your team through technical presentations, requirement
gathering, pre-sale designs and capital requirements. You have a
detailed understanding of service provider solutions and the
demands for network services and connectivity. You are passionate
about driving growth through an understanding of the demands of
enterprise markets and identifying strategic and field trial
You work closely with sales team members to highlight the benefits
of Spectrum Enterprise Fiber Internet Access (FIA), Private
Networking Solutions based on Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) standards,
Voice solutions and cloud solutions. You excel at meeting current
client business goals and creating demand for the future by
recruiting, training and managing high-performing pre-sales support
professionals. You thrive in an office environment supporting your
team and interacting with departments across the Spectrum
Enterprise footprint. You report directly to the Enterprise
Midmarket Director of Sales Engineering for goals, guidance and
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.What you
- Be an inspiring member of the sales team by leading the support
of technical pre-sales activities and post-sales technical
consultations to achieve monthly sales and revenue goals.
- Maximize engineering team efficiency through goal driven
planning and daily direction.
- Drive accurate and efficient pre-sale activities by recruiting
and hiring talented team members.
- Support revenue initiatives by evaluating and identifying
engineering team performances, coordinating training and developing
- Capture local and regional sales opportunities through the
management of assignments, workflows and performing all functions
of a Sales Engineer.
- Ensure successful installation and implementation processes by
serving as the liaison with internal Operations and Engineering
- Resolve pre- and post-sale issues by communicating with clients
as a point of escalation.
- Enhance sales team abilities by conducting weekly team meetings
to review performances against defined goals and best
- Perform all functions of a Sales Engineer to support local and
- Develop key sales skills by attending training sessions and
sales meetings. Required keys for success:
- Two or more years of sales engineering management experience
related to the telecommunications field.
- Five or more combined years of experience in technology
management, network design, project management or sales
- Extensive voice networking experience with an emphasis on VoIP,
signaling protocols and private branch exchange (PBX).
- Detailed knowledge of transmission control protocol/internet
protocol (TCP/IP), internet protocol virtual private network (IP
VPN), multi-protocol layer switching (MPLS), virtual private LAN
service (VPLS), Ethernet, voice over internet protocol (VoIP),
synchronous optical networking (SONET) and dense wavelength
division multiplexing (DWDM).
- Familiar with networking routers, switches, local area network
(LAN), metro area network (MAN), WAN, digital signal 3 (DS3),
operator carrier exchange (OC-x), channel service unit (CSU), data
service unit (DSU) and other client-premise equipment (CPE).
- Experience with routing protocols, such as border gateway
protocol (BGP), intermediate system to intermediate system (ISIS),
open shortest path first (OSPF), radio interface protocol (RIP) and
- Knowledge of the sales cycle and competing technologies.
- Consultative sales approach with an understanding of converged
- Proven leader with experience working closely with Sales VPs,
Directors and Sales Managers.
- Inspiring presentation and proposal design abilities.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage
change with shifting priorities.
- Ability to efficiently conduct consultative analysis and
- Valid drivers license, a clean driving record and the
availability to travel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.Your education:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science or a related
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified
Internet Professional (CCIP) or Cisco Certified Internet Expert
(CCIE) certification (preferred).
Keywords: Humanity, Cerritos , Manager Sales Engineering Verticals Spectrum Enter, Engineering , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!