Sales Engineer I Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: May 8, 2022
At a glance:
- Do you desire a competitive salary, lucrative benefits and a
$10,000 signing and performance bonus?
- Are you a technically sophisticated sales engineer skilled at
evaluating client networking requirements and recommending
solutions for their complex business needs?
- Can you commit to a sales support position providing pre-sale
activities and post-sale technical consultations for our technology
solutions? Our company:At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to
foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team
members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of
excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and
dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.Spectrum
Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national
provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's
largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad
Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed
services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks,
Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team
of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business
success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving
needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at
enterprise.spectrum.com.Highlights:As a motivated Sales Engineer,
you focus on exceeding client expectations by simplifying their
complex business needs. You excel at gathering requirements for
projects and engineering innovative network solutions. Through your
expertise and understanding of each client's needs, you outline
uniquely beneficial combinations of Private Networking Solutions
based on Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) standards and voice solutions.
You accelerate the sales cycle by sharing your expertise and
presenting technical sales proposals to new and existing clients.
You effectively highlight the benefits of our services with strong
persuasive written abilities. You are passionate about
client-centric solutions and proactively acquiring new enterprise
accounts and converting them into long-term clients. You possess a
keen ability for overcoming technical obstacles to cost-effectively
meet client needs today and in the future. You thrive in an office
environment and feel comfortable traveling to evaluate on site
systems within a specified footprint. You report directly to the
Manager of Sales Engineering for goals, guidance and
- Competitive salary.
- $10,000 signing and performance bonus (external hires
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.What you
- Be an impactful member of the sales team by supporting all
efforts to reach revenue goals and enhance the client
- Consult with clients, Account Executives and Account Managers
to craft cost-effective proposals based on an understanding of the
client current network environment and technical and business
- Engineer client-centric solutions by designing voice and data
network solutions for client applications, including the
preparation of network topologies and technical
- Prepare client voice and data network solution designs,
forecast project cost elements and submit them to Engineering and
Operations to maintain company compliance.
- Partner with Account Executives, Account Managers and Sales
Managers on solution pricing and submission of an Internal Rate of
- Improve sales by designing and reviewing proposal solutions and
creating technical presentations to explain product benefits to
midmarket clients with 25-500 employees.
- Encourage long-term client retention by supporting the
integration and implementation of company solutions with technical
sales support and answering complex questions.
- Set up a smooth installation process by conducting a client
site survey and distributing post-sale documentation and support to
installation and project management.
- Present technical training to new and existing Account
Executives, Account Managers and Sales Support personnel.
- Research and demonstrate industry knowledge and emerging
technology trends both in and out of Spectrum Enterprise.
- Enhance departmental processes by assisting in the development
and launch of new products and services.
- Perform additional duties and special projects related to the
position as assigned.Required keys for success:
- Three or more years of experience in telecommunications sales
engineering and networking.
- Knowledgeable of Metro Ethernet, including digital powerline
(DPL), ethernet virtual private line (EVPL), ethernet local area
network (ELAN) and local area network (LAN) and wide area network
- Skilled in networking fundamentals related to routers,
switches, LAN, metro area network (MAN), WAN, digital signal 3
(DS3), operator carrier exchange (OC-x), channel service unit
(CSU), data service unit (DSU) and other client-premise equipment
- Detailed knowledge of domain name system (DNS), transmission
control protocol (TCP), internet protocol (IP), firewalls, virtual
private networks (VPNs) or other corporate data security
- Adept with general industry networking technologies, such as IP
VPN, multi-protocol label switching (MPLS), virtual private LAN
service (VPLS), voice over internet protocol (VoIP), synchronous
optical networking (SONET) and dense wavelength division
- Proven history of working closely with sales professionals and
knowledge of the sales cycle.
- Confident in product presentations and solid sales skills in
- Experience with voice networking with an emphasis on VoIP,
signaling protocols and private branch exchange (PBX).
- Expert in routing protocols, such as border gateway protocol
(BGP), intermediate system to intermediate system (ISIS), open
shortest path first (OSPF), radio interface protocol (RIP) as well
as emerging technologies.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage
- History of efficiently conducting consultative analysis and
- Proven technical presentation skills with C-level
- Valid driver's license, safe driving record and availability to
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.Your education:
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA), Cisco Certified
Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related
field (preferred). SEN210 303557-1 303557BR
Keywords: Spectrum, Cerritos , Sales Engineer I Spectrum Enterprise, Engineering , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!