Senior Network Engineer
Posted on: May 8, 2022
At a glance:
- Are you a technically sophisticated leader skilled at enhancing
the client experience through the development and implementation of
- Can you commit to a position guiding the direction of a
technology leader through the development of complex network
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?Our company:
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work
environment that encourages our team members to reach their full
potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a
national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving
America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and
managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and
networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's
industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to
achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to
meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum
Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
As a Network Engineer IV, exceeding client expectations is at the
center of your daily focus. Using industry-current technical
skills, you simplify and enhance the client experience by leading
the identification, forecasting, planning and implementation of
resource requirements for highly complex projects. You excel in
guiding project quality by establishing and maintaining corporate
standards. You are passionate about developing and integrating
network enhancements and making process improvement
You accelerate project completions by implementing approved network
architecture and designs. You maximize the department's success by
conducting team evaluations and monitoring development efforts. You
thrive in an office environment and depending on the business unit
you may be part of a 24/7 work environment. You report to the
Manager of Network Engineering for goals, guidance and
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.What you
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all
efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Successfully support mission-critical business systems through
the design, deployment and maintenance of local and wide area
network (LAN/WAN) infrastructure technologies.
- Drive network engineering projects through knowledge of routing
and switching platforms and troubleshooting and coordinating
- Expand offered products and services by working closely with
architects and engineers in designing, modeling and implementing
new technologies and becoming a trusted partner through the
delivery of client services.
- Maintain continuous network operations by troubleshooting and
resolving major network and system issues.
- Effectively plan and manage projects by documenting project
requirements, including scope, cost, scheduling, testing and terms
of delivery to ensure high-quality standards and timely completion
- Improve efficiency by mentoring less experienced engineers in
key elements of the system and providing presentations to internal
- Position the company at the forefront of the industry by
researching and identifying technology opportunities and their
- Test and validate new hardware and connections to ensure proper
configuration and technical performance.
- Comply with all industry-specific local, state and federal
regulations for every project and encourage team growth by knowing,
understanding and following company policy.
- Perform additional duties related to the position as
assigned.Required keys for success:
- Six or more years of data network experience.
- In-depth data networking knowledge, such as the open systems
interconnection (OSI) model, transmission control protocol/internet
protocol (TCP/IP) and optical transport.
- Expert in related industry specifications and standards, such
as Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE),
American National Standards Institute (ANSI), multi-mode fiber,
single-mode fiber, unshielded twisted pair (UTP), bridging,
switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and
- Advanced knowledge of network design, devices, appliances,
architecture, protocols and topology.
- Experienced in using internal and vendor ticketing and software
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and
work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Proven leadership and communication skills for internal and
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.How you will stand out from the
- Knowledge of Spectrum Enterprise products and services.Your
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering
or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education,
training and experience (required).
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (preferred).
- Industry and vendor-specific certifications or training, such
as Cisco, Juniper or Alcatel-Lucent (preferred).ENE312 310026-1
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Cerritos , Senior Network Engineer, Engineering , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!