Network Engineer III Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: May 7, 2022
At a glance:
- Do you specialize in network architecture and creating
strategic requests for proposals?
- Can you commit to a technical position providing expertise to
establish resource requirements for highly complex network
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?Our company:At Spectrum
Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that
encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We
promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity,
innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client
expectations.Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications,
Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology
solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications
service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes
networking and managed services solutions: Internet access,
Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum
Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with
clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions
designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about
Spectrum Enterprise can be found at
enterprise.spectrum.com.Highlights:Using your sharp technical
skills and client-centric focus, you effectively plan resource
requirements for basic to highly complex network systems. As an
experienced Network Engineer III, you are passionate about
communicating our value proposition through large requests for
proposals (RFPs) and accurately identifying, forecasting and
implementing resource requirements. You propel sales by designing
and establishing protocol compatibility standards, developing and
implementing network enhancements and monitoring project reporting
and metrics for the management. You enhance the Sales team by
collaborating with internal quote teams to provide improvement
recommendations. You accelerate growth by assisting in operational
performance reviews and implementing network architecture and
designs. You thrive in an office environment and feel comfortable
traveling to perform site reviews and support sales professionals
within a specified footprint. Depending on the business group, you
may operate on-call as part of a 24/7 network operations
environment. You report to the Manager of Network Engineering for
goals, guidance and assistance. Position benefits:
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.What you
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all
technical efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Drive network engineering projects by participating in planning
the network architecture.
- Complete network configurations through the integration and
diagraming of communication architectures, topologies, hardware,
software, transmission and signaling links and protocols.
- Enhance the product base through an in-depth product evaluation
and resolving network problems.
- Maintain product and service quality by assisting in the
development and documentation of technical standards.
- Develop, document and implement approved procedure methods for
all daily activities and projects.
- Maximize the design process by establishing protocol
compatibility standards, developing and implementing network
enhancements and making recommendations for improvement.
- Optimize and configure the existing network through the
planning and completion of medium- to highly complex projects,
systems and issues.
- Support third-party vendors and team members across the
organization during implementations by providing escalated tier
troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Serve on one or more projects simultaneously and occasionally
as a project team lead.
- Improve the department's success by guiding and mentoring less
experienced team members.
- Mitigate risks by complying with all industry-specific local,
state and federal regulations for every project.Required keys for
- Five or more years of data network experience.
- Expert in related industry specifications and standards, such
as Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE),
American National Standards Institute (ANSI), multi-mode fiber,
single-mode fiber, unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cabling, bridging,
switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and
- Advanced knowledge of network design and devices, network
appliances, network architecture, protocols and network
- Proven data networking knowledge, such as open systems
interconnection (OSI) model, transmission control protocol/internet
protocol (TCP/IP) and optical transport.
- Proficient in using internal and vendor ticketing and software
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and
work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.How you will stand out from the
- Knowledge of Spectrum Enterprise products, services and
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering
or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education,
training and experience (required).
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (preferred).
- Industry or vendor-specific certifications and training (Cisco,
Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.) (preferred). ENE311 308762
Keywords: Spectrum, Cerritos , Network Engineer III Spectrum Enterprise, Engineering , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!