Network Engineer III, Managed Services WiFi Restor
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany Description
Jobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just
employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting
to individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee,
Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Ethnic
Minority, and the Previously Incarcerated.
If you identify with any of the following communities do not
hesitate to register, even if you feel that this particular
opportunity is not the right fit for you.
Company Name: SpectrumJob Description
At a glance:
- Do you have an in-depth understanding of WiFi, and a history of
troubleshooting OSI Layers one through three in a break/fix
- As a subject matter expert (SME) in WiFi, can you provide
expertise to guide the resolution of intermediate to highly complex
network system issues?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?Our company:
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work
environment that encourages our team members to reach their full
potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a
national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving
America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and
managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and
networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's
industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to
achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to
meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum
Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
Using your sharp technical skills, you actively simplify and
enhance the client experience by quickly finding break/fix
solutions for intermediate to highly complex enterprise WiFi
network systems. As the Network Engineer III, you serve as an SME
and ensure the success of our break/fix activities while supporting
a group of Network Engineers with escalations. You are passionate
about troubleshooting and providing the best client experience for
You effectively resolve issues by engaging with clients while
collaborating with the enterprise technical support team and all
upstream boundary partners. You maximize department success by
ensuring all outage tickets are addressed and meet all service
level agreements (SLAs). You thrive in a fast paced office
environment and feel comfortable traveling to achieve company
objectives. You will be part of a 24/7 on-call environment to
ensure all SLAs are met. You report to the Manager of Enterprise
Managed WiFi Restoration for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.What you
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all
technical efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Drive network engineering projects by participating in the
planning of network architecture, design.
- Maximize projects by integrating communication architectures,
topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links
and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Improve productivity through in-depth new product evaluations
and develop resolutions to network issues during
- Maintain product and service quality by assisting in the
development and documentation of technical standards.
- Ensure a successful project completion by documenting and
implementing approved procedure methods.
- Increase network capabilities through the design of protocol
compatibility standards, network enhancements and implementation
and improvement recommendations.
- Optimize and configure the existing network by planning and
working on projects, systems and issues of medium to high
- Support tiers across the organization during program
implementations by providing escalated troubleshooting and issue
- Enhance efficiency by serving on one or more projects
simultaneously and occasionally as a project team lead.
- Guide and mentor less experienced team members to improve
- Mitigate risks by complying with all industry-specific local,
state and federal regulations for every project.Required keys for
- Five or more years of data network experience.
- In-depth data networking knowledge with transmission control
protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP), the open systems
interconnection (OSI) model and optical transport.
- Expert in related industry specifications and standards for
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), American
National Standards Institute (ANSI), fiber, multi-mode,
single-mode, unshielded twisted pair (UTP), bridging, switching,
routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of network design, devices, appliances,
architecture, protocols and topology.
- Experienced in using internal and vendor ticketing and software
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and
work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.How you will stand out from the
- Experience with Ruckus, Cisco, Meraki Aps and controllers.
- Pack capture experience using Wireshark.
- Automation experience, such as Python or Bash.
- Knowledge of Spectrum Community Solutions products, services
- Familiar with Spectrum Enterprise products and services.
- Previous experience supporting large Enterprise Wi-Fi
- Experience in network engineering or operations.Your education:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering
or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education,
training and experience (required).
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (preferred).
- Industry or vendor-specific certification and training, such as
Cisco, Juniper or Alcatel-Lucent (preferred).
- Professional level WiFi industry certification
Keywords: Humanity, Cerritos , Network Engineer III, Managed Services WiFi Restor, Engineering , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!