Supervisor, Product Engineering
Company: Carlisle Companies
Posted on: January 9, 2021
SUMMARY:Manages and coordinates the work of Product Engineering
staff placing particular emphasis on process developments and
standardize cost estimating efforts with the objective of
streamlining production lines to increase/expand capacity.
Supervises day-to-day Product Engineering functions and
staff.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and
maintenance of manufacturing methods.
- Provides guidance regarding design/manufacturing concepts and
specification requirements to best utilize equipment and
- Investigate, isolate, and resolve manufacturing design and
- Assists manufacturing and test departments in the development
of processes, tooling, and procedures to produce the required
- Conducts a continuous search of new materials, processes, and
procedures to enhance and improve the production lines.
- Ensure Quality System processes and procedures are
- Helps monitor productivity by tracking yields and equipment
- Trains employees in work methods and procedures.
- Ensures that production schedules are met, labor is properly
balanced, and that facilities, environment and equipment are
adequate to meet customer needs.
- Requests repairs or replacement of tooling and equipment
- Promotes and leads continuous improvement efforts.
- Assists in selecting, cross- training and developing
- Assists with first article and/or NPD assemblies as needed as
well as other associates to run production orders
- Demonstrates a high level of creativity; continuously looks for
ways to improve and increase quality and efficiency with COS
- Maintains and posts performance measures for Safety, Quality,
Delivery, Cost requirements in line with the Carlisle Operating
- Is familiar with all factory safety procedures and
- Oversees daily cell(s) assembly operation
- Maintains a consistent and high level of efficiency and quality
of workmanship in assembly process to ensure that production goals
are met with minimal waste of time, effort, and materials.
- Records quantity, locations, and status of rework and scrap, in
accordance with router instructions throughout the assembly process
for quality traceabilitySUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of
Product Engineering personnel. Carries out leadership
responsibilities in accordance with company policies, procedures,
safety, and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees;
planning, assisting, and directing work; appraising performance;
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and
- Provides ongoing training to applicable staff to develop and
encourage their technical and operational performance. Meets with
appropriate staff on a timely basis for performance evaluations and
- Ensures company standard practices and procedures are followed
in connection with all Engineering department functions.
- Displays effective leadership, judgment, and customer
- Selects, trains and develop subordinates for key
- Works to resolve employee grievances and otherwise promotes
good employee relations*Other duties as required in support of the
department and company*WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Work is performed in a facility with many pieces of
equipment that produce heat. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is exposed to, moving mechanical parts, fumes,
dust, airborne particles, noise, hazardous/toxic chemicals, and
outside weather conditions. Appropriate training is provided and
documented based on job placement that complies with OSHA and EPA
regulations. Protective clothing or equipment may be required, and
may include steel-toe shoes, hearing protection, and eye
protection.ENVIRONMENTAL POLICYCarlisle Interconnect Technologies
is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact
of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment
to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory
requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to
preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental
performance in all our global operations. This will be achieved
through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that
provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental
objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.EXPORT
COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMERThis position includes access or potential
access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates
will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US
Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card
Holder).TRAVEL0-10%QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential job function
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPEREIENCE
- College degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, or related
Engineering field or equivalent experience.
- An energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with
high ethical standards and a positive professional image.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand verbal and written instructions,
read blueprints, drawings, specs, and schematics.JOB SKILLS
- Ability to communicate calmly in a well thought out
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exercise sound judgment and leadership skills in making
- Familiarity with PC, MS Windows, and MS Office Applications.
Knowledge of ERP systems, SAP preferred
- Ability to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a
fast paced, constantly changing, and ambiguous environment while
maintaining a positive team environment
- Reliable and flexible to work additional hours on short notice
to complete orders and/or special projects to meet customer
- Understanding and experience in Lean manufacturing environment
preferred. Participate in continuous improvement projects and 5S
related performance teams.
- A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the
organization and possesses excellent communication skills with high
ethical standards and a positive professional image.PHYSICAL
DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Combined sitting, standing, and walking throughout the day to
- Manual dexterity used occasionally with repetitive finger
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional pushing, pulling, and stooping to accomplish
- Hearing and speaking required regularly.
Keywords: Carlisle Companies, Cerritos , Supervisor, Product Engineering, Engineering , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!