Medical Billing Specialist
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Come join an exciting and innovative company that puts the
"care" back in healthcare!
WHY KABAFUSION? KabaFusion is a home infusion company with a
national network of pharmacist owned pharmacies with the ability to
service 40+ states. While we are known for our expertise in IVIg
and SCIg, we also provide acute infusion and nutritional therapies.
Where KabaFusion truly excels, is in its approach to patient care
and positive clinical outcomes. With our dedicated and highly
skilled clinical staff and in-house nursing with 24 hour on-call
service; we are well equipped to care for our patients. What we
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits start on your 1st day of employment
- 401K w/ 4% Match - no waiting or vesting period
- PTO / Floating Holidays / Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Life Insurance, STD, LTD
- 3 Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Learning & Development Programs
- Perks--- includes discounts on travel, cell phone, clothing,
- Employee Referral Program Experience what being a part of the
KabaFusion family feels like! JOB SUMMARY: The Medical Billing
Specialist is responsible for accurate claims submission and
accurate payment of claims according to payor guidelines. DUTIES &
- Exhibits the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet daily
productivity and month-end closing deadlines.
- Understands eligibility, benefits, authorization verification
for treatments, complex payer contract terms, fee schedule for all
- Verifies that the services and products are correctly
- Ensures accuracy and appropriateness of claim type, diagnosis
codes, place of service, procedure codes, HCPC or NDC units for
drugs, per diem, proper use of modifiers, and dates of service as
defined by government payers and contracted plans.
- Certifies the accuracy and completeness of payer requirements
prior to timely submission of clean claims to various insurance
companies, either through an electronic or hard copy.
- Manages Billing Que status code to track unbilled delivery
ticket(s) and maintains Reimbursement Pending Item Report,
facilitates resolution, and ensures timeliness of claims
- Actively communicates status of assigned work, escalated
billing concerns and challenges that could affect claims submission
and processing with the Supervisor/Manager.
- Collaborates with pharmacy to ensure rejected claim correction
is resolved timely and has payable status in Claims to Adjudicate
- Manage Billing Que to create and process claims in accordance
with departmental expectations.
- All efforts to obtain the Billing Requests, documents from the
other respective departments will be recorded in the billing
- Protects patient health information by following regulations
for HIPAA compliance. PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Candidate must be experienced with a minimum of 1-2 years in
- Knowledge and understanding of HCPC and CPT codes
- Strong understanding of insurance terms, medical terminology,
pricing methodologies for commercial and government billing
requirements. #corporate #kabafusion #nowhriing
Keywords: KabaFusion, Cerritos , Medical Billing Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Cerritos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!